On 4 Jan 2024, at 08:21, Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <nore...@ietf.org>
wrote:

> "Recommendations for zone operators and DNS server operators"

For what it's worth, and warning! this is a small thing, I think "zone
operators" is a bit vague.

The presumed intent of the phrase given the recommendations in the document is
to identify people responsible for the choice of records in a DNS zone as part
of the target audience. However, in my experience

- "zone" has many meanings outside of the DNS
- "zone" as a concept is poorly understood amongst people who fit the implied
target audience but who are not protocol afficionados
- "zone operator" is not a term of art and could (I think) mean different
things to different people

I think the intended group is "people who publish information in the DNS".

Joe