[ + Dave Crocker (author), Paul Wouters, Frederico Neves (registry
experts)]

Hi there all,

As part of the Great Errata Cleanup of 2024, I'm going through reported
Errata and trying to close them.
I'm just dealing with the ones that I can do myself, but there are some
which I need WG input on.

These include two Errata filed by Bernie Hoeneisen (author of RFC6118)
against RFC8552 - "Scoped Interpretation of DNS Resource Records through
"Underscored" Naming of Attribute Leaves"
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8552/>

I'd like to get feedback by Monday Jan 29th, otherwise I'll just go with my
proposed resolutions below.

Errata1: https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid7066
---
Section 4.1.2. says:
          | URI        | _dccp                 | [RFC7566]     |

It should say:
?

Notes:
Wrong reference. RFC7566 does not even mention "dccp". Unaware of a useful
reference. Not sure this line needs to be removed.

Note that this also has an impact to the IANA registry:
https://www.iana.org/assignments/dns-parameters/dns-parameters.xhtml#underscored-globally-scoped-dns-node-names
—-

I **think** that the correct reference for this is actually RFC7553 - "The
Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) DNS Resource Record"
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc7553/>. Note that this initially
confused me, because I was looking for DCCP (and TCP and UDP) in the URI
*registry*, not in the DNS RR definition.

My proposed resolution: Mark Errata verified, update reference to be
RFC7553.

Errata 2: https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid7068:
—-
Section 4.1.2. says:
          | URI        | _tcp                  | [RFC6118]     |
          | URI        | _udp                  | [RFC6118]     |

It should say:
?

Notes:
Wrong reference. RFC6118 does not even mention "tcp" nor "udp". Unaware of
useful reference(s). Not sure this line needs to be removed.

Note that this also has an impact to the IANA registry:
https://www.iana.org/assignments/dns-parameters/dns-parameters.xhtml#underscored-globally-scoped-dns-node-names
---

My proposed resolution: Same as above.