Wes

On Mon, Jan 29, 2024 at 6:45 PM Wes Hardaker <wjh...@hardakers.net> wrote:

> IESG Secretary <iesg-secret...@ietf.org> writes:
>
> > The Domain Name System Operations (dnsop) WG will hold a virtual
> > interim meeting on 2024-01-30 from 18:00 to 19:00 Europe/Amsterdam
> > (17:00 to 18:00 UTC).
>
> I'm sadly very day-job conflicted with this slot, but greatly look
> forward to watching the replay afterward (I may try to sneak an earpiece
> into my head but it's unlikely I can pull that off).
>
> I'll note that if we're going to go down the road of such a major
> change to parent/child/resolver interactions, it is highly important we
> get opinions and viewpoints from all segments of the DNS industries to
> ensure this is widely deployable.  Having said that, if I can't keep my
> own zones in sync properly with my registry's advertised data: it's time
> to do something about the problem.  [yes I recognize this is not an
> adequate summary of the problem space, but it's a part].  Whether this
> is the right solution or not will depend on feedback from many voices.

I think not only opinions and viewpoints, but also a way to properly
express the motivation.
I added a question at the end of the chairs slides

"Explain to Windows Admins and R53 Admins how this helps them"

which is probably out of line, but this is more working to help summarize
the motivation to a larger audience.

tim