Hi Petr,

On 2/8/24 11:10, Petr Menšík wrote:
I just found a draft regarding DNSSec solving post-quantum algorithms [1]. From
a talk about it on csnog.eu site. A very surprising fact for it is seems never
been mentioned here, where most DNSSec related standards were done recently.

It's a research effort, with little operational ("DNSOP") relevance at this
time.

It might be just my inexperience, but it seems to me pquip WG had not even made
any attempt at using expert opinions here. Is my impression wrong?

PQUIP has had no role; it's an individual and not a WG draft.

Prior to announcing the draft, the authors had consulted with Paul Wouters and
others, and the suggestion was to submit this to the IRTF. During discussion at
IETF 118 (IRTF open?), this plan solidified.

Even announcement on pqc list [2] does not contain any reference to dnsop,
dnspriv or other I would expect. Also names responsible for the draft are
unknown to me, not containing any person I have seen recently in DNSSec related
RFCs.

It's because they're mainly researchers. You may recognize some of the names in
the Acknowledgements section. (And there's no relation to DPRIVE.)

Is that a separate activity or cooperation is already in progress and I just
haven't found it? Are people here aware of it?

I expect that once a mailing list has formed, it will also be announced here,
so that interested folks can join, and expertise moves both ways. You're of
course welcome to participate in the effort.

For some extra context, see also the third sentence of the abstract [1] and
Section 5.1 of OTCO-031 [2].

Best,
Peter

[1]: