On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 12:01 AM Mark Andrews <ma...@isc.org> wrote:

> > On 27 Feb 2024, at 15:53, George Michaelson <g...@algebras.org> wrote:
> >
> > Not in any way to stop this specific draft, I wonder if this is a more
> > general principle of exercising code points which are not marked
> > "never to be used" and should also be raised cross-area, or in another
> > place?
> >
> > Maybe the best path is to get this proved here, and then embrace-extend.
>
> Sure there are a lot of places where this should be done.  This is going
> to cover DNS.

Yup, and although Mark and I have been mulling this for DNS for a number
of years now, the general principle has also been discussed elsewhere (see
the references to greasing) and RFC 8701 describes greasing for TLS.

We should track that work too, but this draft can focus on the DNS use case.

Shumon.