It appears that Peter Thomassen  <pe...@desec.io> said:
>The _signal label generically indicates that ns2.foobar.fi likes to signal
>something about nohats.ca. Its presence is needed to allow separating the
>object from the source without ambiguity.
>
>We could change _signal to something else, but not to _dnssec-bootstrap as
>that's not generic. Suggestions are welcome.

They're all DNSSEC related so how about _dnssec-signal ?

>I'd like to add some considerations:
>
>- The spec has quite a few production implementations (see Section 8), and
>changing them would come with significant costs.
>
>- I don't think the _signal label is in use for the Signal messenger. Even in
>case it's used in the future, a collision (in terms of prefix labels + rdtype)
>seems unlikely.

It's not but _signal is an awfully generic term, and I do not want to
count on people inventing sufficiently distinct second level _label
names to keep unrelated uses separate.

When we were collecting names for the _label registry there were a
few places with overlapping names like the URI RRTYPE, and it's
a mess.  Let's not do it again.

R's,
John