Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-qdcount-is-one-03: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-qdcount-is-one/

COMMENT:

** idnits says

  == The 'Updates: ' line in the draft header should list only the _numbers_
     of the RFCs which will be updated by this document (if approved); it
     should not include the word 'RFC' in the list.

** Section 4.
   Firewalls that process DNS messages in order to eliminate unwanted
   traffic SHOULD treat messages with OPCODE = 0 and QDCOUNT > 1 as
   malformed traffic and return a FORMERR response as described above.
   Such firewalls MUST NOT treat messages with OPCODE = 0 and QDCOUNT =
   0 as malformed.  See Section 4 of [RFC8906] for further guidance.

(Editorial) Should the term “firewall” be generalized to “middle box” (or
something similar)?  I ask because I’m wondering if DNS proxies, UTMs, or IPSs
should also follow this advice?