Dear Friends/Colleagues in Asia Pacific
(apologies if you receive this more than once)

I am forwarding again a call to participate in a regional online survey on
Internet Governance, which is meant to be an important consultative tool to
gather inputs to the ongoing global discussions within the World Summit on
the Information Society. The deadline has been extended to 7 March.

I am making a special call to NGOs/CSOs/NPOs/People's Organizations in the
Asia Pacific region. APDIP UNDP has so far received over 850 responses to
our survey on Internet governance, however only 10% of the replies are from
civil society. Hopefully, more NGOs and CSOs from around the region will be
able to participate so that our voices will be adequately reflected. We fear
that if only few NGOs participate, CS views may be diluted by other
voices...

Please do not think that the issues are too technical; in fact, there are
many issues of governance that should transcend technology--issues that are
close to civil societ's advocacies--and we hope to make this heard.

If you have not done so, please visit: http://survey.igov.apdip.net/
Accomplishing the survey only takes several minutes. (It is available by the
way in 12 Asian languages for maximum outreach.)

If you have already accomplished the survey, many thanks, and please
consider passing on the information to other lists and interested
colleagues.

Thanks for your attention and patience.

In solidarity,
Al Alegre

=================

<Deadline Extended for UNDP-APDIP Survey on Internet Governance
Priorities for the Asia-Pacific Region: Join over 850 respondents to
register your views>

With apologies for cross-posting.

Dear colleagues,

Due to continuing strong demand we are extending the deadline for the
UNDP-APDIP Survey on Internet Governance Priorities for the Asia-Pacific
for one week until March 7, 6 pm, Malaysian Time.

Join more than 850 respondents from the public, private and
non-governmental sector of more than 30 countries in the Asia-Pacific
region and register your views on Internet governance to help target
future research efforts and raise the profile of Asia-Pacific Internet
governance priorities in WGIG/WSIS. The survey takes only a few minutes
and can be completed online in one of twelve major languages of the
region here: http://survey.igov.apdip.net/

If you have taken the survey already, please support our outreach and
inform your colleagues about this initiative.

With best regards,
Dieter Zinnbauer

Dieter Zinnbauer (PhD)
Internet Policy Advisor