*** Democracies Online Newswire - http://www.e-democracy.org/do ***

(I've just returned from vacation ... although I'll try to keep
DO-WIRE in light mode for the next few weeks. - SLC)

From:                   Scott Reents <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Send reply to:          "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     "DO List (message) (E-mail)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date sent:              Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:15:06 -0400

Dear DO-Wire,

The Democracy Project is seeking thoughtful and civic-minded people to
participate in the launch of its townhall Web site, Quorum.org.

As some of you may know, we are a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization
founded in 1999 to promote the development of public spaces on the
Internet for meaningful political participation.  With Quorum.org, we have
a platform for self-publishing and promotion that gives citizens the
ability to participate in shaping the public agenda.

In order to help make Quorum.org a success, we are putting together a
group of several dozen people to contribute "articles" for the launch of
the site.  Quorum.org articles are short, timely pieces that raise
awareness about a news item or concern, as well as being starting points
for further conversations.

With 35 million people looking for political information on the Internet
this election year, we have a unique opportunity to shape how the Internet
develops as a political medium.  If you are interested in participating in
this exciting experiment in democracy (the time commitment required is
minimal), please sign up as a Founding Contributor at
http://www.democracyproject.org/about_us/index.html#subscribe.

Or, forward this email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I'll follow up with
more information for those who are interested.

Thanks!

Scott Reents
President, the Democracy Project
http://www.democracyproject.org
212.698.8817

^               ^               ^                ^
Steven L. Clift    -    W: http://www.publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -     E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -    T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -   -   -   -     ICQ: 13789183

*** Please send submissions to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     ***
*** To subscribe, e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          ***
***         Message body:  SUB DO-WIRE                  ***
*** To unsubscribe instead, write: UNSUB DO-WIRE        ***

*** Please forward this post to others and encourage    ***
*** them to subscribe to the free DO-WIRE service.      ***