*** Democracies Online Newswire - http://www.e-democracy.org/do ***

The season of conferences will soon be over. Anyone want to share their
jet lag secrets.  :-)  My current ... Gatorade. Lots of it.

I'll be speaking next Tuesday evening at the First Tuesday event
<http://www.ftbrussels.com>.  Be sure to RSVP.

On Thursday, I'll be participating in the small Cities of Tomorrow
conference in Delft organized the Bertelsmann Foundation.  They have some
useful documents on their web site <http://www.cities-of-tomorrow.net>.

Global Forum - http://www.globalforum.it

The main reason for this post is to gather all the DO-WIRE subscribers
attending the Global Forum conference in Naples, Italy. Drop me an e-mail
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> if you'll be there.  Let's gather the evening of
Wednesday, March 14 during their reception.  Let's just say 7:30 p.m. to
the right just inside the main reception hall.  Can't find me?
1-612-822-8667 forwards to my mobile in Europe.

On Friday, March 16 I will participate in their Governance Issues panel
at 9:00 a.m..  Don't over sleep. :-) (I'll be playing tourist through that
weekend, suggestions?)

Cheers,
Steven Clift
Democracies Online
http://www.e-democracy.org/do

See:
http://www.globalforum.it/htm/frame/inglese/agenda.htm
http://www.globalforum.it/htm/frame/inglese/sessioni_ing.htm#01

From:
http://www.globalforum.it/htm/frame/inglese/ws_inglese.html#03
E-democracy, transparency and consultation in policy-making

The emergence of new ICTs provides new opportunities for governments to
engage citizens in policy making. The ability to transmit messages and
develop on-line debate and feedback mechanisms takes democratic processes
to potential new heights. Many countries are exploring these possibilities
and valuable lessons are to be learned from the early
adopters. Experiences range from the provision of information
(using internet as a brochure) to chat rooms or bulletin boards for
ongoing discussion and the development of alternative policy
positions. This session will explore the issues and mechanisms for such
engagement, the potential transformational impact of increased
citizen participation and possible next steps for the e-democracy
revolution.

*** Please send submissions to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     ***
*** To subscribe, e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          ***
***         Message body:  SUB DO-WIRE                  ***
*** To unsubscribe instead, write: UNSUB DO-WIRE        ***

*** Please forward this post to others and encourage    ***
*** them to subscribe to the free DO-WIRE service.      ***