dbclinton wrote:
Hi,
I've been using open source software (including OpenOffice) for just
about ten years now, and exclusively Linux for about six. Since I am a
writer and editor with some enterprise software documentation experience
(especially using Confluence), I figured it's about time I tried to give
a little back.
My primary OO experience is with Draw and Writer - I've used these tools
to create the layouts for dozens of full-length books and event journals
- among hundreds of other projects. Anyone have any ideas for a good
place where I can start?
As an aside, I recently created a Udemy course called Zero Budget
Typesetting based on OO (well ok, it was LibreOffice, but no one has to
know). If any list members would like, you can access it free using this
link:
https://www.udemy.com/zero-budget-typesetting/?couponCode=OO_free_access
Hope I can work with you soon,
David Clinton
Ottawa, Canada
HI David;
Your writng and editing experience will be a very valuable asset to the group. The user documentation is being worked on at the the mediawiki (mwiki), so you need to get an account. For more details, see this page http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-doc.html.

The Writer guide could greatly benefit from attention from an experienced editor and your knowledge of Draw would make you the ideal person to take up the writing task for that guide.

Both of these tasks are needed, please write back to the list and let us know which one you would like to start with.

Welcome to the Apache Open Office Documentation team, I looked forward to working with you.

Regards
Keith McKenna