As I’ve said before, a bug in AOO means that a book created using a master
doc (ODM) and the chapter files (containing hidden sections) will have some
incorrect internal cross-references to figure captions. More reliable to
use an ODT for the front matter and then copy and paste from chapter files
to make a book.
Jean