Hi Christopher,

We solve this problem at various levels of complexity.  The first level is
to put the ENTITY elements in the header of your document.  Once you have
more than 5 or 10, though, it gets unwieldy.

So, what we usually do is collect all of them together and put them into a
mydoc/entities.sgml file, and include that file as an entity with this kind
of declaration in our header:

<!ENTITY % myentities SYSTEM "mydoc/entities.sgml"> %myentities;

You can find a more detailed explanation of this and other ways we use
entities in our in-house manual, on these and other pages:

http://developers.cogentrts.com/cogent/prepdoc/pd-entities.html
http://developers.cogentrts.com/cogent/prepdoc/pd-axentitydeclarationfiles.html
http://developers.cogentrts.com/cogent/prepdoc/pd-cascadedrivermanuals.html

Hope that helps,

Bob

Christopher J. Graham wrote:

> a bit uncertain... is it possible to do that in line? Otherwise I would have
> lots of ENTITY elemets in my header.
>
> <para><!ENTITY test-a "my example text">&test-a;</para>
> <para>&test-a;</para>
>

> on 3/20/2002 3:22 PM, Camille Bégnis at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

>>"Christopher J. Graham" a écrit :
>>
>>>Hello all:
>>>
>>>Is it possible to have the same <para> (or any other element) content in two
>>>locations? I am trying to make sure that if it is edited in one location,
>>>then the other is also updated.
>>>
>>Simply define an entity:
>>http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ch01.html#s-entities
>>
>>Camille.
>>

>>>For instance,
>>>
>>><para>text-a</para>
>>>.
>>>.
>>>.
>>><para>text-a</para>
>>>
>>>Regards

>>>Christopher Graham
>>>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>
>>>PGP Fingerprint: F765 CCB5 B9CF 1285 7E3E  8CB0 0B1B 8454 9D66 D411

> Christopher Graham
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> PGP Fingerprint: F765 CCB5 B9CF 1285 7E3E  8CB0 0B1B 8454 9D66 D411

Robert McIlvride ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Cogent Real-Time Systems (www.cogent.ca)