I am trying t use mode with programlisting to treat the contents in a different way. Here's a piece of my document:

<example>
    <title>webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml</title>
    <programlisting mode="format-xml">
        <xi:include href="files/web.xml" />
   </programlisting>
</example>

Now in my customization layer I have:

   <xsl:template match="programlisting" mode="format-xml" priority="9.0">
       <xsl:apply-templates   mode="format-xml" />
   </xsl:template>

But it's not matching. I changed the value of the priority. I have even commetted out the apply-templates element just to see if there will be an output. It's not matching at all. What am I doing wrong?