Brooks Moses wrote:
Mauritz Jeanson wrote, at 2/13/2008 11:35 AM:
I agree. A default value of "auto" for the keep-together.within-column
property in the table.properties attribute-set is more reasonable.

The current default value is "always"; it is inherited from
formal.object.properties.

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus here.  IIUC, we're currently
stuck using 1.69 because of this issue -- because upgrading to the
current version means that our long tables stop working, and even though
it's easy to fix in the current versions of the documents, it would
still break all our archived versions.

I have changed the default value to "auto" in SVN. This will be in
the next official release (1.74.0), and it works now in a snapshot
release (http://docbook.sourceforge.net/snapshots/).

/MJ