Sam Steingold wrote:

However, I find the "generate.toc" setting a little bit unsettling.
I hate to reset a global parameter when in fact what I want is a small
augmentation.
I wonder if it is possible to do something like
<xsl:param name="generate.toc">
section   toc,example
<xsl.xsl:value-of select="generate.toc"/>
</xsl:param>

Unfortunatelly this is not possible in XSLT.

Stylesheets reimplementation in XSLT 2.0 will improve this as it is storing configuration not as a single string, but as an XML fragment.

  Jirka Kosek      e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://xmlguru.cz