On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 23:21:20 +0200, Watkins, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm using dblatex and pdflatex to make PDFs from a docbook file.The
problem I'm running into is that if I put many small tables on a page,
eventually the tables will separate from the paragraphs they're in and
they'll end up on one page with the paragraph text on another.

You have two possibilities:

1) Ask latex to hardly try to let the tables where they are:

dblatex -Ptable.default.position=[H] file.xml

2) Do not use the float mechanism:

dblatex -Ptable.in.float=0 file.xml

I would recommend 1) for your specific case. 2) is mainly for tables that should be splitted over several pages.

Both options work for your case. For further discussions, you should switch to the dblatex mailing list.

Regards,
BG