On 04/12/09 07:28, Bob Stayton wrote:
Thanks to all for the helpful feedback.  Based on that, here is my new
proposal for DocBook-generated CSS. I'm trying to balance flexibility
against
too much complexity. I've got it down to just four new params.

1. Add a new param 'make.clean.html', which when set to 1 will cause the
HTML stylesheet to output HTML that requires CSS for default styling. The
default value of this param will initially be zero to preserve current
behavior.

2. Add a new param 'docbook.css.source', which specifies the CSS source
filename (with <style> root element) for generating the default CSS output
file.

Let me know if any of this is unclear and needs further explanation.

Possible source of confusion Bob.
Come to this clean and the stylesheets using 'my' css file and
the stylesheets generating an XML syntax CSS could be confusing?

docbook.css.source ? From the description (I'm not fully up to speed
on this thread) it isn't a CSS file? The param name makes it sound like one. A more descriptive name perhaps?

regards

regards

--
Dave Pawson