Hello all.

I am rather new to docbook and in the middle of taking one step at a time to the final result. Basically, I am working on a system for producing and maintaining operating instructions in several different languages.

Right now I'm stuck though. My idea is to produce a single pdf file (docbook xsl -> fo -> pdf) that can contain up to 12 translations. I am rather close to what I want, but the thing that gives me headaches is the toc. On page 2, I have a basic toc with a list of languages including page numbers only (no problem here). I was able to accomplish that by adding the following snippet to my customization layer:

<xsl:template match="article" mode="toc">
  <xsl:param name="toc-context" select="."/>
  <xsl:call-template name="toc.line"/>
</xsl:template>

But I also want a toc generated at the beginning of each article that is part of the xml document. And I have no clue how to do that. Google was not my friend this time, I am afraid. If there is anybody willing to share some ideas, I would be delighted.

Here is the basic outline of my source XML document:

<part>
        <title>Product XY</title>
        <subtitle>
                <itemizedlist>
                        <listitem lang="en">Operating instructions</listitem>
                        <listitem lang="de">Bedienungsanleitung</listitem>
                </itemizedlist>
        </subtitle>
        <article lang="en">
                <title>Some title</title>