From: Bob Stayton [mailto:b...@sagehill.net]
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2010 4:40 PM
To: Robert Lucente; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Annotating program listings - Callouts - Chapter
27. Program listings - minor / nit typo ?

  Hi Robert,
  Thanks for taking the time to comment.  No, it isn't a typo.  The
programlisting is not in a CDATA section, so any XML characters like & must
be escaped as character entities.  That character is intended to be a
literal ampersand in the program listing.

  If you are asking me if the code itself makes sense with an ampersand, I
can't answer that.  I just cut and pasted it from somewhere.  8^)

  Bob Stayton
  Sagehill Enterprises
  b...@sagehill.net