To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 12:25 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] DocBook to FOP transformation produces "fo:table is missing child elements."

Hi,

I'm using the following command to convert a Docbook book to PDF:

xsltproc -o intermediate-fo-file.fo \
        --stringparam generate.index 1 \
        --stringparam fop1.extensions 1 \
        --stringparam double.sided 1 \
        --stringparam page.height 9in \
        --stringparam page.width 7in \
        --stringparam page.margin.inner .75in \
        --stringparam page.margin.outer .75in \
        --stringparam page.margin.top 1.0in \
        --stringparam page.margin.bottom 1.0in \
        --stringparam header.rule 0 \
        --stringparam footer.rule 0 \
        --stringparam body.start.indent 0pc \
        fostyles.xsl \
        chapters/staging/book.docbook
fop -d -pdf EZF.pdf -fo intermediate-fo-file.fo

The conversion works perfectly except for when I attempt to insert a
table into one of the documents. Doing so produces the following error
message:

SEVERE: Exception
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException:
file:/home/wjgilmore/books/easyphpwebsiteszendframework2e/intermediate-fo-file.fo:69:984:
Error(69/984): fo:table is missing child elements.
Required Content Model:
(marker*,table-column*,table-header?,table-footer?,table-body+)
at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.transformTo(InputHandler.java:217)

I'm at a loss because the table isn't anything special:

<title>Framework Conventions</title>
<tgroup>
<colspec colwidth="1*" />
<colspec colwidth="2*" />