  From: Fabien Tillier
  To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
  Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 7:00 AM
  Subject: [docbook-apps] Starting question: Customization for a new element

  Hi List.

  I am trying to write a simple customization to treat my XML.

  I added an <html> tag to the XML file I am using to handle HTML inserted as
CDATA (see below) for a bibliographic reference.

  <author>

  <othername>

Roman">

          <b>LUKAS, R.J. (1986)</b>

      ]]></html>

  </othername>

  </author>

  So my simple customization is a below

  <?xml version='1.0' encoding="UTF-8"?>

  <!-- Template to convert DocBook XML to HTML -->

  <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

        <xsl:import href="docBook/xsl/html/docbook.xsl"/>

        <xsl:output method="html"/>

        <xsl:param name="html.stylesheet" select="'corpstyle.css'"/>

        <xsl:param name="admon.graphics" select="1"/>

        <xsl:template match="html">

              <xsl:value-of select="." disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

        </xsl:template>

   </xsl:stylesheet>

  I can call it but I have errors like

  Element html in namespace 'http://docbook.org/ns/docbook' encountered in
title, but no template matches.

  To check, I renamed my <html> element to something uncommon with plenty of
other characters and number, but it is the same (it was to avoid using an
potentially already used element, after all <html> is a pretty common tag.)

  Still, my template is not used.

  I am pretty sure I have not caught something, though I now have some of the
finest books on the docbook and XSL stylesheets available (including the
DocBook XSL one).

  Oh, and the template work. If I use it simply without calling the xsl
stylesheets (removing the import) my tags are treated and appear as expected in
the generated HTML.

  Thanks in advance for any help.

  Best regards,

  Fabien