Bob,
Yes, I would like a title attribute on the <a> element. I can specify a
title for xlink:title, but the XML is then not valid. I can, however, still
transform it to XHTML, but the title does not appear within the <a> element
in the XHTML code. I can see that in the stylesheet inline.xsl, template
"simple.xlink" SHOULD generate a title, but does not. I have declared xlink
correctly in all my stylesheets.

So because the inline stylesheet doesn't work, I'm looking for a workaround
that lets me generate an <a> title from the content of the link element.

Dave Gardiner