Thanks - however, you just illuminated a few issues:

I support both Windows and Linux with the same distro, so a sym link would
not be an advantage. Yes, I could rename the directory every time I update,
but  then one must actually dig into the directory to find version
information when  needed.

I have version information in the scripts that create the documentation,
but that could really junk up the command line passing it into XSLTPROC, but
it  could be done.

So I have implemented this and it works
    <xsl:param  name="draft.watermark.image">
<xsl:text>../../doctools/docbook-xsl-</xsl:text><xsl:value-of
select="$VERSION"/><xsl:text>/images/draft.png</xsl:text>
</xsl:param>

Thanks for all of your ideas. They pushed me to the solution!

Regards,
Dean Nelson

In a message dated 5/25/2011 1:07:09 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,