On 08/09/2011 11:33 AM, Jirka Kosek wrote:
On 7.8.2011 18:50, Bob Stayton wrote:

This isn't a case of import precedence, but of  different attributes.
In general, the qualified attributes (like  space-before.optimum) take
precedence over the non-qualified attributes (like  space-before). I
wish the DocBook XSL stylesheets had not been written using the
qualified attributes in some of the attribute-sets, because if you want
to override the space before, you need to override all three of the
qualified attributes for it to have any effectc.
Is some FO processor supporting these non-qualified attributes for
space-before/after? I don't think so. (Probably with the exception of
xmltex which can map these directly to glues in TeX, but xmltex is not
widely used today.) So I think we can safely remove those and just use
value of .optimum trait as unqalified property.

                        Jirka

+1

regards

--