  From: Jason Zech
  To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
  Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 12:50 PM
  Subject: [docbook-apps] add newline to generated text?

  Hi all,

  I am trying to customize the chapter title output. I'm going from DB5 to
single-file HTML (and later to epub) using the ns version of 1.76.

  I've got a customization working on the generated text of the chapter title,
but I'd like to generate a newline between the chapter number and the chapter
title.

  Here is the customization I have.

    <xsl:param name="local.l10n.xml" select="document('')"/>
    <l:i18n xmlns:l="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/xmlns/l10n/1.0";>
      <l:l10n language="en">
        <l:context name="title-numbered">
          <l:template name="chapter" text="%n %t"/>
        </l:context>
      </l:l10n>
    </l:i18n>

  I need something between %n and %t but I'm beginning to think I can't use any
of kind of newline here. Is it possible?

  Thanks in advance.

  Jz

  Jason Zech | Project Manager, Digital Workflow | New Product Development
  [ph] 773-281-1818 x212   [fax] 773-281-4129 | z...@loyolapress.com

  LoyolaPress. | A Jesuit Ministry
  3441 N. Ashland Ave. | Chicago, IL 60657 | www.loyolapress.com
  Join our online community of advisors: www.SpiritedTalk.org