Jeff,
I routinely process books over 400 pages (XP/2Gb/xsltproc) and rarely see a
 memory error. However, when I DO see one, it is because I have done
something  wacky in the XSL or have done something in the XML that was "legal"
but
not  supported in the XSL. Rare though.

What command line switches are you using?

Regards,
Dean Nelson

In a message dated 3/9/2012 2:22:48 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,