  From: Carlos Araya
  To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
  Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 11:34 AM
  Subject: [docbook-apps] Unwanted xmlns in attribute for ePub3 template

  I am working with ePub3 ebooks and have found the following problem.

  I've added the template below to my customization layer for ePub3 publishing

  <xsl:template name="user.manifest.items">
  <item id="font1" href="DejaVuSansMono.ttf" media-type="font/truetype"/>
  <item id="font2" href="GraublauWeb.otf" media-type="font/opentype"/>
  <item id="font3" href="GraublauWebBold.otf" media-type="font/opentype"/>
  </xsl:template>

  It adds the items as requested but it inserts an empty xmlns="" declaration.
The resulting lines in the manifest file look like this:

     <item xmlns="" id="font1" href="DejaVuSansMono.ttf"
media-type="font/truetype"/>
     <item xmlns="" id="font2" href="GraublauWeb.otf"
media-type="font/opentype"/>
     <item xmlns="" id="font3" href="GraublauWebBold.otf"
media-type="font/opentype"/>

  and produces the following error in epubcheck B4

      [java] ERROR: docbook-howto.epub/OEBPS/package.opf(36,86): element "item"
not allowed anywhere; expected the element end-tag or element "item" (with
xmlns="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf";)

  Is there a way to remove the namespace declaration or a template that I can
edit to make the change locally?