Hi,

try to use OmegaT  and TMX format; it's what I use to translate my
docbook documents and it keeps the formating. It's a free tool (gpl).
They keep what is already translated in a databse (xml) and when you
encounter a phrase which is similar, they propose the most accurate
translation you already did.

http://www.omegat.org/

XLIFF is another solution.