It actually turns out most problems are caused by the quality of the Visio
SVG output.

Biggest problem is the unit-less definition of font-size in the text/css
section, which results in extremely small text. Visio svg also omits xlink
namespace definition and has problems with arrow heads.

After rudimentary cleanup, resulting epub with SVG renders OK in a number
of readers.

MT