Thanks for the input!
I somehow got it to work, but I cannot pinpoint what did the trick because
I have been working on a lot of different issues at the same time. I
suspect it had something with missing PDF base uri parameters in my
olinkdb.xml - we never added that initially when using only internal olinks
and having all PDFs in a single flat folder.

I have my own customization layer with multiple files (my customization
main file imports the stock stylesheets plus our other custom files).

I have also experimented with a trial version of RenderX XEP from oXygen,
and that seams to respect the show-destination parameter as well.

Best regards
Bergfrid Skaara

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 9:09 PM, Bob Stayton <b...@sagehill.net> wrote:

> I just tested this and I can confirm that the 1.78.1 stylesheet works
> outside of Oxygen, using Saxon and FOP 1.1. I also tested the same
> stylesheet customization inside Oxygen 15.0, and that PDF did not work.  So
> I tried changing the Oxygen Transformation to save the .fo file instead of
> generating the .pdf.  When I ran that  .fo file through fop 1.1 outside of
> Oxygen, then it worked.  That suggests Oxygen is running the transformation
> correctly, but something is going wrong in the  application of fop 1.1
> within Oxygen.
>
> Regarding the attribute-set confusion, I cannot duplicate that.  I get
> olink.properties to work, and the .fo file shows the show-destination="new"
> in the .fo file using Oxygen's transformation.
>
> The transformation I used calls my customization layer, which imports a
> copy of DocBook XSL 1.78.1 from outside the Oxygen distribution.  Are you
> just modifying the Oxygen DocBook transformation, or do you have your own
> customization layer?
>
> Bob

>>> olink.properties as described in
>>> http://sagehill.net/**docbookxsl/OlinkPrintOutput.**html#OlinkNewWindow<http://sagehill.net/docbookxsl/OlinkPrintOutput.html#OlinkNewWindow>
>>> .
>>>
>>> It looks like attribute set xref.properties is used in this case rather
>>> than
>>> olink.properties, changes to olink.properties has no effect on the output