My next issue with external PDF olinks is page citations.

I realize this is a long shot, but has there been any development on
populating the page attribute of the olink data as described in
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/OlinkPrintOutput.html#OlinkPageRefs ?

We need to port an extensive amount of legacy PDFs from unstructured
FrameMaker to DocBook XML. These PDFs are formal specifications for
hardware and rely heavily on cross references with page citation to
requirements in the various specifications (huge interconnected mesh of
specs).

Is there any way to get page numbers on external olinks, automaticly or
manually ?

We are currently using Apache FOP, but I am testing Render XEP.

Best regards
Bergfrid Skaara