Here is the stack trace:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: catalogEntries
        at org.apache.xml.resolver.Resolver.resolveURI(Resolver.java:163)
        at
org.apache.xml.resolver.Catalog.resolveSubordinateCatalogs(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xml.resolver.Catalog.resolveURI(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xml.resolver.Resolver.resolveURI(Resolver.java:158)
        at
org.apache.xml.resolver.Catalog.resolveSubordinateCatalogs(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xml.resolver.Catalog.resolveURI(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xml.resolver.Resolver.resolveURI(Resolver.java:158)
        at
org.apache.xml.resolver.Catalog.resolveSubordinateCatalogs(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xml.resolver.Catalog.resolveURI(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xml.resolver.Resolver.resolveURI(Resolver.java:158)
        at
org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolverXerces.resolve(Unknown Source)
        at com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet.doMain(StyleSheet.java:250)
        at com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet.main(StyleSheet.java:47)

This was triggered by adding oxygen.jar and log4j.jar to the classpath. The
java saxon/xerces command is unchanged.