What are our options for adding custom ISO Schematron validation to our
DocBook publishing pipeline ?

The code base is large and extremely modular. We also use extensive
profiling to leverage single source reuse as much as possible. The output
is currently PDF only, but we might add HTML to the mix next year. Our
technical editors use oXygen, and we validate and transform single
documents there. In addition, we have a continuous integration pipeline
that builds all PDFs when something is committed to Git.

On-the-fly Schematron validation seems doable in oXygen. However, I find it
tricky to combine profiling with validating after a commit to check that
changes did not break other documents and that business rules are adhered
to.

Bergfrid Skaara Dias