Hi,

This gets me a step further, but it looks like the docbook-xsl-ns-1.79.1 is
missing part of what it needs. In "fo/highlight.xsl", line 21, there is this
import:
<xsl:import href="../highlighting/ini-hl.xsl"/>

This file is missing and not part of the docbook 1.79.1 source
code..."ini-hl.xsl" does not exist (the ".xml" version exists, but xsl is not
there). The import is a relative path and so it looks like the file was
intended to be part of the 1.79.1 files, but got excluded. Is there somewhere
else I could download this? I have a separate download of xslthl-2.1.3, but
this does not contain ini-hl.xsl (this too contains only ini-hl.xml).

Incidentally, the same is true for other xsl files for each highlight language,
e.g., bourne-hl.xml exists, but had build not aborted from the missing
ini-hl.xsl, bourne-hl.xsl is also missing and would have been the next file in
the list of languages to be missing.

Thanks!

----- Original Message -----From: Bob Stayton <b...@sagehill.net>To:
stim...@comcast.net, Docbook <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>Sent: Fri, 17
Feb 2017 18:26:03 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] <programlisting
linenumbering="numbered"> does not number...

To clarify, the chapter in Norm Walsh's
http://tdg.docbook.org/tdg/5.1/ch05.html is about customizing the *schema* for
DocBook, not the stylesheet. Information on customizing the stylesheet for
DocBook 5 can be found here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomDb5Xsl.html

Specifically for your case, you can create a simple customization layer by
creating a file with this content:

<?xml version="1.0"?><xsl:stylesheet
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
xmlns:d="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"; exclude-result-prefixes="d"
version="1.0">

<xsl:import href="path-to/docbook-xsl-ns/fo/docbook.xsl"/> <xsl:import
href="path-to/docbook-xsl-ns/fo/highlight.xsl"/>

<xsl:param name="highlight.source" select="1"/>

</xsl:stylesheet>

And then referencing this file in your java command instead of
${XSLT}/fo/docbook.xsl.

Since you are using DocBook 5, I assume you are using the namespaced version of
the stylesheets, the one with "ns" in the directory name. If not, I suggest you
do so as it will be more efficient.

You can put other param settings and any other customizations in this file.

Bob StaytonSagehill enterprisesb...@sagehill.net

On 2/15/2017 11:23 AM, stim...@comcast.net wrote:> Hi,>> I do not currently
customize other than param.xsl and fop.xconf, and> have never created a
customization layer. So I currently have no> xsl:import of docbook.xsl other
than where it would occur in the> non-customized DocBook 5.1. Is this URL the
correct information for the> customization layer in the case of needing to
import highlighting? I've> not seen any xsl:import used in the context of this
chapter so I may be> completely wrong to look here:>
http://tdg.docbook.org/tdg/5.1/ch05.html>> Currently I assemble one large
monolithic XML file via xmllint and> xinclude (individual files are chapters,
appendices, so on, in a> <book>). This is passed to jing for testing against
docbook.rng. This is> turned into an fo file via:> /usr/bin/java \>
-Dxslthl.config=file://${XSLTHL}/highlighters/xslthl-config.xml \>
com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet \> -o ${OBJ}/${TITLE}_monolithic.fo \>
${OBJ}/${TITLE}_monolithic.xml \> ${XSLT}/fo/docbook.xsl \> use.extensions=1>>
The resulting fo file is turned into PDF format through fop (and> hopefully
later other formats).>> Would I be replacing fo/docbook.xsl in the above Java
command with a> custom xsl file which does nothing but import docbook.xsl and
then> fo/highlight.xsl? I ask because the chapter on customization seems to be>
more about writing individual lines of RNG code for new definitions or> editing
definitions without ever showing any xsl:import...I'm thinking> I'm looking at
the wrong customization if I use chapter 5 of guide.>> Thanks!>> ----- Original
Message -----> From: Bob Stayton <b...@sagehill.net>> To: stim...@comcast.net,
Docbook <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>> Sent: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 16:43:03
-0000 (UTC)> Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] <programlisting
linenumbering="numbered">> does not number...> Hi,> No, it does not need to be
specific to each language. The imports> should look something like this in your
customization layer, putting it> after the import of the main docbook.xsl:>
<xsl:import href="some/path/to/docbook-xsl/fo/docbook.xsl"/>> <xsl:import
href="some/path/to/docbook-xsl/fo/highlight.xsl"/>>> Bob Stayton> Sagehill
Enterprises> b...@sagehill.net> On 2/15/2017 6:08 AM, stim...@comcast.net