Hello,

I'm at the proof-of-concept phase of building some DocBook → PDF transformation
into a web application. Our requirements are quite modest, and I've built a
customisation layer over the 1.79.2 stylesheets for the moment, though could
happily use the xslt20 stylesheets if more appropriate.

What I want to do, at least in the first instance, is run this entirely within
the web app's JVM—that is, no calling out to external tools or services.
Additionally, I want the stylesheets and customisations to live in a JAR, not
on any local filesystem. As a quick and dirty test, I've put the custom
stylesheets in src/main/resources/xsl, and then the entire docbook-xsl-1.79.2
directory in there as well. I'm just using JUnit 5 (in Eclipse) to run some
test code against this idea. Using Saxon HE-12.3, I can't get any further than
getResourceAsStream() and wrapping that in a StreamSource). Trying to import
anything else results in a range of failure modes.

I can be more specific about what I've tried, and how it fails, but obviously
this isn't a Java mailing list. For now, can anyone (a) tell me whether this is
likely to succeed, or whether there's a better approach, or (b) even better,
point me at an example of this working in the wild?

--
Paul Hoadley
https://logicsquad.net/