  From: Tim Arnold
  To: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
  Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 2:48 PM
  Subject: [docbook] nvdl and xinclude question

  Hi,
  I'm xincluding a bibliography in my chapter. Validation (nvdl) gives me an
error that a bibliography is not allowed. But when I physically replace the
xinclude with the actual included file, validation passes.  Here are the
details:

  mybook_mychapter.xml has this structure:
  <chapter xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
                    xmlns:xl="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
                    xml:id="mybook.mychapter"
                    remap="Chapter" version="5.0">
   <section xml:id="a0000000002" remap="Headi">
     <para> lots of stuff in here</para>
  </section>
   <xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";
href="mybook_mychapter_bib.xml"/>
  </chapter>

  I give this command:
  java
-Dorg.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration=org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeParserConfiguration
 -jar onvdl.jar  docbook.nvdl mybook_mychapter.xml

  and get this response:
  error: element "bibliography" not allowed in this context

  The contents of mybook_mychapter_bib.xml is:
  <bibliography>
    <title>References</title>
    <bibliomixed xml:id="kemp_o_57"/>
    <bibliomixed xml:id="falc_d_96"/>
    <bibliomixed xml:id="crow_j_70"/>
  </bibliography>

  When I replace the xinclude with the actual lines from the
mybook_mychapter_bib.xml, the validation passes.

  any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
  thanks,
  --Tim Arnold