On 04/05/2010 08:05 PM, maxwell wrote:

IMHO, DB is already *far* too cluttered with constructs that are specific
to programming languages.  Rather than add more programming language
"stuff", I think what's already in DB should be moved into one or more
separate libraries or modules, preferably with their own namespace.  A
namespace change for some subset will be non-backwards compatible, but I
don't think that's a reason to avoid it.

I fully agree with what you are saying, and can happily confirm that this is indeed the idea: The added vocabulary will go into an extension profile, and thus be available as a separate module, to be explicitly referenced from a different namespace.

In fact, I hope that a similar strategy may be chosen for other ports, such as the Website and Slides vocabularies, when they are ported to DocBook 5.

        Stefan