What is the best way to add DB5 RelaxNG extensions, such that end-users can use multiple of those in the same document ?

I'm specifically thinking of the new DB5 extensions that two GSoC students are working on (API models, Website, etc.).

I imagine those two would either "include" the core DB5 grammar, or refer to them via "external". What does a user need to do to declare that his document uses one or more of these extensions ? Does he need to write his own (minimal) grammar, including all the extensions he wants to use ? Something else ?

Also, is there any particular convention we should follow, as far as the use of namespaces is concerned ? Anything else ?

Thanks,
        Stefan