Hi. I'm wondering if it'd be too much to ask if the next DocBook release
could include ABC music notation as part of its markup. I've looked far and
wide for an XML based solution to music notation markup, but the best I
could find was MusicXML, and I'd much rather not muck up DocBook's markup,
which is free of formatting directives, with another markup that is entirely
dependant on formatting directives. ABC music notation came to be the next
best solution because its text based, and its formatting directives are
entirely optional within its syntax. Also, its header fields for metadata
can be replaced with a customized <info> content model. These are only
suggestions, and I'd very much like an answer to them. I want to see DocBook
flourish, and I personally believe that a means for music notation isn't out
of the question. Thank you for your time, and please get back to me as soon
as you can.