From: Christopher Culver [mailto:crcul...@christopherculver.com]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 6:54 AM
To: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook] Quote over multiple paragraphs

What is the preferred way of marking up quotations that run over several
paragraphs (but which are not blockquotes)? The quote tag is not allowed
outside of the para tag.

In English-language publications, when a quotation runs over several
paragraphs, the paragraphs are usually preceded by an opening quotation mark,
but they do not have a closing quotation mark unless they are the last
paragraph. I need to find out how to achieve this effect with Docbook and the
XSL stylesheets, or to at least represent this semantically within Docbook so
that I can write my own XSL.