timely request for a concrete thing: I was just validating https://httpd.apache.org/security/vulnerabilities_24.html for the latest release and it would be nice to experiment with some changes to:
1. provide some kind of 1-character link to the anchor that already exists for each CVE 2. Use some CSS or static generation to show the total CVE's per release 3. Make each release CVE look more like an ordered list item (either with CSS counters on the <dt> or using something other than dl/dt/dd. I didn't mock it up but it's getting to be quite a lot per release. On Thu, Oct 1, 2026 at 4:26 AM Jason Lingohr via docs <[email protected]> wrote: > > Howdy Rich, > > Late to the part here, but anyway... > > I too am not a web developer, but would like to give my views/kick things off > a little. > > Is the desire to: > > Modernise the look and feel of the: > > httpd website > docs pages > both? > > Or are we talking about also moving on from XML and XSLT to something more > modern, like the Flink project and using Hugo etc? > > It's been a while since I've played here, and have discovered that SSH isn't > a thing anymore, where I'd usually stage stuff for an initial look; how are > things done now (excluding the whole git stanging.apache.org way)? > > (I also tried SFTP to good ole minotaur and home.apache.org that > id.apache.org mentions, no dice, even with seemingly correct SSH keys.) > > > > On 26/5/26 01:29, Rich Bowen wrote: > > Hi, friends, > > I’m sure you’ve seen the flurry of activity from me, and wondered what I’m > doing. I apologize for not checking in earlier. > > What I’ve done already is to resolve all open docs tickets, and rewritten the > /rewrite section of the docs to reflect the current state of things. > > I’ve been doing some analysis of the rest of the docs - broken links, > undocumented features/directives, adherence to the style guide. > > And I made some changes to the main website to make it more mobile friendly, > although there’s still more that could be done there. > > Now that most of the actual low-hanging stuff has been addressed, I’d love to > chat with folks about what they would like to see happen next. > > Right now I’m looking the docs-project portion of the site, hoping to make it > a little more welcoming. And more broadly, I’m hoping that we can make the > entire website more attractive, and look a little less like a project from > 2008. However, I entirely lack any kind of website design skills, so I’m not > sure how to do that. I’ve been mostly focusing on attempting to bring the > site more in line with the progress that has been made in the project since > the last time the website was refreshed. We have a lot of content, especially > the /dev section, that is just completely outdated, referring mostly to the > 2.0 or even 1.3 versions of stuff. I’m hoping to update that, but that will > require working with someone who actually works on the code to ensure that > stuff is right before I commit it - so more RTC on that content than I’ve > been for the rest of the work, where I’ve been moving fast, and breaking some > stuff along the way. > > —Rich > --------------------------------------------------------------------- > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] > For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected] > -- Eric Covener [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
