Yes, what I'm saying is that you should write and test this "engine" before
even thinking of plugging the ORM into it.
Mixing persistence and logic upfront is going to make it needlessly complex.

Write your entities, write their public API, code the logic and test it.
After that start mapping associations.

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://ocramius.github.com/