On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Narayan Aras <narayana...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> BTW my main point was about having a brainstorming to select the
> documentation tool.
> How do you (all) feel about that?
>
> A mind map will allow them to do advocacy for their favorite tool.
> But it will also filter out all emotions, and allow us to focus on merits and
> demerits of each tool.
>
> Instead of a mind map, we can also have a simple "tool-comparison table" like
> wikipedia.
>
> Mind map allows us to plot any number of dimensions, though.
>
> What do you think?

The status quo is that we use the wiki for coordinating and info
gathering and the mailing lists are there for discussion. Personally I
think these tools are pretty good until we develop a better solution.

We can create a 'requirements and tasks' list there for all of the
things that the documentation team is going to be involved in, however
I would suggest leaving the tooling up to the website team. As long as
all of the requirements for each task is met then we will be happy. If
people do have an attachment to a single tool then that is a
discussion for the people with that experience who will also be
developing the tool.

Mike Wheatland