Hi, :-)

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:10, Hal Parker <halparke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fortunately, many of the screenshots are already from Linux (usually
> Ubuntu), and many others are o/s neutral (for example, bits of a spreadsheet
> that don't show the window decoration), but yes there are quite a few
> clearly from Windows -- though old WinXP pix look to me more like Ubuntu
> than WinVista or Win7.
>
> When I am retaking pix for other reasons, I'm taking them on Ubuntu, but I
> haven't been retaking all the pix just to get them out of Windows.
>
> Do we have a requirement to get rid of all the Windows pix in the Writer
> Guide before publishing the first edition?

Well, given the firm opposition to Windows screenshots I've read in
the recent past, I'd say it would be a good idea...

> The Getting Started book certainly hasn't had all the Windows pix replaced.

I guess it would be an issue to be addressed, hopefully with
preparation of a revised edition for lulu.com...

Again, this is just my 2 cents based on previous discussions in the lists.

David Nelson