From someone in BrOffice org i got this email ...

"
Tom could you be kind enough to post the following to the documentation  list ?
- If I get further into this discussion don't worry, I'll re-join  myself.

- To the Documentation Team / TDF:

We the Brazilian members of the TDF community are having a problem:

We believe that the NGO BrOffice.org and it's current directors DO  NOT
represent our interests any-more. A group of us are in the verge of  breaking
with this NGO and as so we would continue our work with the  BrOffice Suite
(the
Brazilian version/brand of LiO).

We are in the midst of a discussion on starting to translate the Guides. But
here is where things get a bit murky:

1) We want to know if we can start this enterprise with the blessing of the TDF
and specially the Docs Team.

2) Would the Docs Team consider to open a venue for us, even though  we might
be
breaking with one of the founders of TDF (and representative  on LiO in Brazil)
?

3) As a possible "rogue" team could we have access to Alfresco and could we get
some help to format our workflow in  this platform?

I will maintain myself out of the Docs list so you can discuss this within the
list without embarrassments, unless I am asked to return and  resume discussion
on-list.

Thank you all
"

My feeling is that from our point-of-view it would be quite easy.  They seem to
be worrying about things that are not a problem.

However, NGO status means a fully formed and registered organisation that can
deal with funding issues and maintain a bank-account and stuff.  It is a shame
to lose that sort of status but these things do happen, as we well know (even
those of us that are new here).

Regards from