Some of us on the marketing and USmarketing teams are having a discussion on usage and I thought that perhaps someone on the documentation team could help us.

1. Use of "Euro". It was pointed out that the European Community had issued its verdict saying that "Euro" should not be pluralized (i.e. "Euros") in any situation. So, should we then standardize our use of "Euro" to this for all documentation, website and marketing materials?

There was also a discussion, with no decision about the treatment of the word "Euro". Would we write: 50 000 euro or 50 000 Euro or should we rather write Euro 50 000 or euro 50 000 or EU50 000 ?

2. The setting of the the thousand separator and the decimal point. There seems to be multiple acceptable usages. For example all of the following seem to be correct:

50 000.05
50,000.05
50.000,05
50 000.05
50.000,05

Is there an already "agreed to" use of the thousand separator and decimal point for the LibreOffice documentation team?

We could coordinate this throughout our documentation, website and marketing teams.