On 3/25/2011 6:33 PM, Hal Parker wrote:
On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 2:44 AM, Shaun McCance<sha...@gnome.org>  wrote:

Hi all,

I'm organizing the Open Help Conference this June. It's a gathering of
documentation and support people from various open source and community
projects. There are already participants who contribute to projects like
Firefox, GNOME, and Ubuntu.

http://openhelpconference.com/

There are presentations the first day, but with plenty of time between
for hallways conversations. The second day has open discussions, ending
with an open collaboration session where you can get input from peers
and professional tech writers.

We also have rooms availabe after the conference for team sprints, if
you'd like to use the opportunity to do some face-to-face collaboration.

I'd love to see some people from LibreOffice at the conference, and hear
about what you're doing and how well you're transitioning from the old
OpenOffice world to the more community-oriented LibreOffice.

Thanks,
Shaun McCance
Community Help Expert   |   Open Help Conference
http://syllogist.net/   |   http://openhelpconference.com/

This sounds like a good opportunity, if anyone can get there. Do we have any
active documenters/ help producers in North America? And would TDF be
willing to pay the US$100 registration fee and travel costs for one or more
attendees?

I can't come from Australia; it's too far, too expensive, and I already have
other plans for early June.

Hal

I'm in central Texas, but I don't know if I could be useful enough. I'm too new
at all this!