Hi Chris,

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 15:06:54 -0700 (PDT)
Mr Christian McGurl <christian_mcg...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear LibreOffice documentation team,
>
> If you're still looking for contributors,  I'd very much like to get involved
> in
> documentation for your Open Source  project.

always. There are never enough people to do all the work. :)

> I have a degree in English
> Literature, and before I finished  my studies I worked for 10+ years in a
> market
> research firm, where I was  also frequently called upon to do translations
> and
> proofreading and to work on the  copy-writing for project reports and
> questionnaires, so I have a little  bit of previous writing experience
> (though
> not specifically 'technical'  writing). Most of all, however, I have a
> growing
> interest in the field  itself, so I am motivated,  eager to learn and willing
> spend the time to become more familiar  with the craft. Plus, I believe in
> the
> Open Source philosophy (I've  benefitted myself) and would like to help
> advance
> the project. I can work in both English and German.

That sounds great. What do you prefer? Working in English or German? If you
want to help with the German guides, please have a look at
http://odfauthors.org and read what you find there. If you have more questions,
don't hesitate to ask them - eithere here on this list or on the German
discuss-list disc...@de.libreoffice.org

> If there is a chance that I can become part of LibreOffice, I would love to
> hear
> from you! Been following the thread and got the impression that proofreading
> documents may be the place to get started.
> Best wishes from Munich, Germany,

Sure, there is a chance for this.

Welcome again and have fun!

Sigrid