Hi Jean,

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 6:19 AM, Jean Hollis Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> * Guide aimed specifically at technical writers and/or other "power
> users". There is a DocPlan and some work done by students earlier, which
> could be a starting point, but IMO it's really too low-level. Their work
> might go better into a guide aimed at high-school or university
> students. I've got a more detailed draft table of contents for the Tech
> Writers' Guide on the OOo wiki, which I haven't had a chance yet to copy
> over to our wiki (but will try to do soon, if no one else does it
> first).
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Tutorials/Targeted

I've long had a little bookmark in my head to one day work on the
"Power User's Guide", working from that "Tech Writer's Guide" that
those two students did. That would logically include some good
coverage of macros, by the way. I'd need to brainstorm with you and
other power users about that, but I guess you could put me down for
this not-so-little task.

But I need to finish wrestling with the alligator Alfresco as top
priority, and with the Drupal site at media.libreoffice.org. As you
know, I'm working on preparing the Alfresco upgrade, which promises to
be no mean feat.

So I'm guessing that I wouldn't envision being able to think about any
power user's guide until sometime in September... But let's say I'll
take that as a project.

--
David Nelson